Six Flags and Papa John's Announce Multi-Year Strategic Marketing Alliance and Sponsorship Agreement
Papa John's named exclusive pizza for Six Flags theme parks; Six Flags to receive wide-ranging marketing and promotional benefits from Papa John's
Papa John's International, Inc. (Nasdaq: PZZA) and Six Flags, Inc. (NYSE: PKS) today announced a multi-year strategic marketing alliance and sponsorship agreement under which Papa John's will become a Six Flags corporate alliance partner and the exclusive pizza at Six Flags theme parks across the country. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Under the agreement, Six Flags will provide Papa John's with in-park presence in Six Flags parks in the U.S., with the opportunity to reach millions of Six Flags guests annually through a variety of methods, including:
- A branding and product alliance under which Six Flags will sell Papa John's pizza and related products at approximately 60 locations within Six Flags parks;
- Web-based and e-mail co-marketing efforts promoting Papa John's to Six Flags online customers; and
- In-park distribution of Papa John's coupons and promotional items.
"This relationship allows us to make Papa John's pan pizza available to millions of consumers throughout the country who enjoy the Six Flags experience each year," commented Papa John's President and Chief Executive Officer, Nigel Travis. "Our shared commitment to customer service and quality makes for an excellent strategic alliance."
Under the agreement, Six Flags will receive an annual sponsorship payment from Papa John's and have the opportunity to reach Papa John's extensive customer base through a variety of methods, including:
- Papa John's pizzas, carried out or delivered, will display a Six Flags advertisement on pizza boxtops throughout the summer operating season at up to 1,100 Papa John's restaurants within a 100-mile radius of a Six Flags U.S. theme park;
- In-store point-of-sale promotions at up to 1,100 Papa John's restaurants within a 100-mile radius of a Six Flags U.S. theme park;
- The summer distribution by Papa John's of a promotional Six Flags DVD that showcases the attractions and special events at Six Flags parks; and
- Web-based and e-mail co-marketing efforts promoting Six Flags daily and season pass ticket sales to Papa John's online customers.
"This new corporate alliance is a true meeting of the minds for our two companies as we collectively aim to reach new customers whether in-store, online or at a Six Flags theme park," said Mark Shapiro, Six Flags President and CEO. "We promised our guests that when they visit Six Flags they'll find the high-quality consumer brands and products they love, and with Papa John's we're delivering on that commitment."
Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company. Founded in 1961, Six Flags is celebrating its 45th Anniversary in 2006. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly-traded corporation (NYSE: PKS) headquartered in New York City.
Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, Papa John's is the world's third largest pizza company. For six years running, consumers have rated Papa John's #1 in customer satisfaction among all national QSR chains in the highly regarded American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI). For more information about the company or to order pizza online, visit Papa John's at www.papajohns.com.
CONTACT: Papa John's International, Inc.
Chris Sternberg, 502-261-4934
Six Flags, Inc.
Wendy Goldberg, 212-599-4690
SOURCE: Papa John's International, Inc.