Special Delivery: Papa John's Kicks off Football Season with Bigger Lineup of Specialty Pizzas
Specialty Pizzas with Limited Time Price of Only $12.99
LOUISVILLE, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 2, 2008--Down . . . Set . . . Hike! Today, Papa John's is proudly increasing its lineup of specialty pizzas to 14, available as a permanent menu addition at all 2,700+ restaurants nationwide. And it's happening just in time for football season, the busiest time of the year for the pizza industry.
Craving a pizza piled high with hickory smoked bacon and ham alongside green peppers and onions? Papa John's has you covered with the "Smokehouse Bacon and Ham." Looking to try a pizza featuring a creamy blend of spinach and garlic Parmesan Alfredo sauce, topped with grilled, all-white chicken and fresh-sliced Roma tomatoes? Then, the Papa John's "Spinach Alfredo Chicken Tomato" is right for you.
"At Papa John's, our specialty is the specialty pizza," said Bill Van Epps, Papa John's president, USA. "Our company stands behind the idea that better ingredients make a better pizza, and now we're able to offer our customers more of our better ingredients in more delicious, unique combinations."
Papa John's specialty pizza lineup includes the ever-popular The Works, The Meats, Garden Fresh, BBQ Chicken & Bacon, Hawaiian BBQ Chicken, Spicy Italian, Spinach Alfredo and Tuscan Six Cheese - all available on a large hand-tossed original, thin, pan or brand-new whole-wheat pizza crust for just $12.99 for a limited time - along with these six, new specialty offerings:
- Papa's White Pizza - A delicious blend of Ricotta cheese sauce and garlic Parmesan sauce, topped with Mozzarella cheese and special seasoning create a pure delight.
- Sicilian Classic - A must-have for hearty appetites, this pizza features a spicy combination of four delicious meats - Italian salami, Italian ham, pepperoni and spicy Italian sausage.
- Italian Meats Trio - A Robusto-style sauce, spicy Italian sausage, Italian ham, Italian salami, three cheeses and Italian herb seasonings form a pizza reminiscent of the Italian countryside.
- Spinach Alfredo Chicken Tomato - A rich and creamy blend of spinach and garlic Parmesan Alfredo sauce, grilled all-white chicken and Roma tomatoes on original crust.
- Smokehouse Bacon & Ham - Loaded with two traditional smokehouse meats - hickory-smoked bacon and ham - and sprinkled with fresh-sliced onions and green peppers to generate a perfect combination for a mouth-watering taste.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch - Garlic ranch sauce, grilled all-white chicken, bacon, onions and Roma tomatoes combine for a home-style pizza with a twist.
And for a limited time, every Papa John's pizza will come in a custom-designed box highlighting the expanded specialty menu.
Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, Papa John's International, Inc. (NASDAQ: PZZA) is the world's third largest pizza company. For nine years running, consumers have rated Papa John's No. 1 in customer satisfaction among all national pizza chains in the highly regarded American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI). Papa John's also ranks first among pizza companies in the 2008 Brand Keys Customer Loyalty Engagement Index, was honored by Restaurants & Institutions Magazine (R&I) with the 2008 Silver Award for Consumers' Choice in Chains in the pizza segment, and was named 2007 Pizza Today Chain of the Year. For more information about the company or to order pizza online, visit Papa John's at www.papajohns.com.
CONTACT: Papa John's International, Inc.
Tish Muldoon, 502-261-4987
Director, Community & Public Relations
SOURCE: Papa John's International, Inc.